Transport Fleet Ownership: In-House or Outsource?
There are three ways to go about operating freight transportation for your business’ supply chain. You can own your fleet, outsource it, or combine the two options for a hybrid solution. But which way is the right way for your enterprise or organisation? 这是一个紧迫的问题.
Chat to one of our Fleet management consultants located in Sydney, 墨尔本, 布里斯班, Perth, 今天的曼谷和越南. Just click the “talk to a consultant” button above.
Our fleet management consulting assignments have ranged across the world and include countries such as 阿根廷, 澳大利亚, Brazil, 柬埔寨, China, Egypt, Fiji, 香港, 印尼, Japan, Korea, Laos, 马来西亚, 蒙古, 新西兰, 巴布新几内亚, 菲律宾, 新加坡, 泰国, 阿拉伯联合酋长国, 联合王国, 美国 & 越南.
Is Your Fleet Ownership Model Relevant, or Redundant?
- Things move and change quickly in the supply chain game, and if your business is slow to react, excessive costs and loss of competitive advantage are the typical consequences.
- If you’ve 外包 your transportation, how do you know if it’s time to consider bringing it in-house, 反之亦然?
- Perhaps a mix of owned and 外包 assets would be an appropriate solution for your company—but what should be the proportion of each?
Regular analysis of your transport task and the assets necessary to execute it is an essential element in successful fleet management—but many organisations don’t have the resources or skilled specialists to carry it out.
没有这样的分析, you and your logistics team might forever be wondering if there’s more that could be done to improve transportation performance.
Rules of Thumb for Fleet Ownership Decisions? 或准确的分析?
- 在最基本的层面上, in-house fleet ownership is most suited to businesses in which the transport task is routine, 一致的需求, and drives high utilisation of transportation assets.
- On the other hand a highly variable demand in terms of volume and drop location, may sway the decision toward using an 外包 fleet.
- 当然, the factors driving a fleet ownership decision are seldom so straightforward, and following a rule of thumb leaves plenty of scope for error.
So when your business needs a fleet ownership review, why not let 物流局 do the legwork for you? Our skilled logisticians have deep knowledge of the transportation industry, as well as the tools and technology to perform the complex analysis required for an informed fleet ownership decision.
Get the Right Guidance on Transport Fleet Ownership
在物流局, we’ve been aiding and advising enterprises and organisations in fleet ownership decisions for more than 20 years. Our fleet ownership consultants have worked on projects where analysis of ownership options was the sole objective, as well as those in which this was just part of a larger supply chain improvement program.
With client engagements in around 30 different countries, we’re very familiar with the way that geographies and regulatory factors influence the attractiveness of different ownership options, and we’ve worked with companies in a plethora of industries and commercial sectors.
所以无论你在哪里, 不管你是干什么的, we can guide you right in evaluating your transport fleet options.
不知道从哪里开始? Try a One on One Advisory Call With Us
Are you keen to know if it’s time to change your fleet ownership strategy? Perhaps you already know, but aren’t sure how to get started. Or maybe you’d just like some affirmation that you’re taking advantage of the best option for your business.
A free, 15-minute advisory call with one of our consultants will help you to answer these questions, and to figure out if you need help with a change to your transportation fleet. The call will follow three basic steps, and will leave you with a sense of direction and strategy regarding your transport operation.
Step 1: We review your current fleet ownership status.
步骤2: We identify any evident issues that might indicate a change is necessary—or not!
步骤3: We leave you with a 3-step action plan to begin assessing your current ownership arrangement.
Take the First Steps to an Informed Fleet Ownership Decision
Our fleet ownership consultants have helped dozens of businesses make the right choice, 要么选择内部, 外包, or a mix of fleet ownership options. We’ll be delighted to help yours too, so why not talk to us now?